Thursday, February 26, 2009

Life on the Road with a Picky Eater. OR: The Hell I Live In

This gig I am working in Sin City has been providing meals for the crew, as we don't ever have time to leave.
I have noticed that there seems to be about 9 meals in the rotation at places like this. Breakfast is always the same.
We had 2 meals Sunday, 2 Monday, 2 Tuesday, 2 Wednesday. Now it is Thursday lunch and we've got a rerun.

Add to the non-suspense the fact that I can't eat some things, and won't eat other things.
Here's my lunch today.
Salad. Yum. With Blue Cheese. Nope, don't want to die. And big runny hunks of sliced tomato. Nasty!
A Roll. can't go wrong there. Dusted with onion flakes. I guess you can mess up a roll.
Mac and Cheese. Woo Hoo. spiced bread crumbs on top. I'll gamble on this one.
Chicken with garlic, herbs and bones. Sorry- no can do.
Broccoli stuff with Velveeta sauce. Ok, probably not too dangerous.
Meatloaf. I don't usually eat mystery meat, but... With onions. AAARRRGGGGHHHHH!

We're getting close to the end. I hope there's a good dessert I can eat.

Veggie lasagna, which is code for 'Mushy squash and onions baked under a layer of cheese.'

A basket of spiced breadsticks. Nothing too exciting.

OK, here's the dessert table.

Rice pudding with June Bugs (plump raisins)- no way.
Cheesecake. Woo Hoo again. With apricots and slime. WTF??? can a guy get a break here?

I sure do love Macaroni and Cheese.

No comments: