Thursday, July 8, 2010

Fun Fun Fun

7/3/2010

Showtime approaches
Final preparations.
Things are cleaned up.
We are cleaned up.
The guests arrive.
Dinner is served.
Drinks are served.
We see band members at the crew/band feeding station.
Brian makes an appearance for a photo op. He's a completely different person: smiling, laughing, joking. I assume he has had a nap, a massage, some vocal warmups, maybe some dinner. It's nice to see that he won't be so surly in front of the guests.
Back to places, and we wait.

The CEO of the high-end real-estate development gives a rah-rah speech. As he is talking, we see a couple of Suburbuns racing up the hill towardbackstage.
I guess he's going to play.
CEO: "Ladies and Gentlemen, Brian Wilson and his band" and they appear onstage.



For optimal dramatic effect, I'd like to say that I bawled like a baby through the 26 song set, struggling to see the stage through my tears of joy.
But that wouldn't be true. I'm a professional you know, so I can turn it off in the line of duty. Other than a couple songs, when I misted up and sniffled a bit.


The band played for some time, very well in fact.






Wow what a show. Things progressed without incident until Brian decided to fall down, flat on his
face, right before the encore. He seemed unhurt. And for a guy that already has a few bruises, what's the harm in a couple more?










Fireworks. Boom, Bang, Blam.
Clean up the mess and go home.



So here's the summary:
I got a chance to be the lighting designer (director) for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame member Brian Wilson and the show started so early that the lights were mostly invisible until the last 3 songs.

The End.

No comments: