Sunday, November 21, 2010

Lying Liars and the Lies they Lie

There are two mistruths I regret telling my kids:
1) I taught them at a young age that sesame seeds grew in the ground, and could be planted just like any other crop. A couple of incidents arose from this: Jon, my youngest once took a handful of the sesame seeds off his hamburger bun out into the yard, dug a little hole and planted them. I think he watered their little dirt grave daily for 3 months before he gave up on them. (he was crushed) The other incident involved the kids eating themselves sick on food and attributing the bellyaches to the sesame plants growing in their stomachs.
Lie #2: Where we live, there are medical helicopters that fly over about 3 times a week to a common crash site in Spanish Fork Canyon. I once told the kids to not stand under the choppers since there was blood leaking out. Since then, they go out of their way to duck and run whenever one of the red and white whirlybirds comes by.

No comments: