Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Chasing The Dragon

Every now and then, something comes up that I feel like I must jump at.
At work, I collect frequent flier miles, free flights, hotel credits and stuff like that.
I am chasing a plug for the empty hole, the overwhelming sense that I missed out on something in the past.
Certain things happen and I feel gutted that I can't be a part of them.
So now I'm blessed (cursed?) to be able to chase these moments.
I have run off to LA for frivolous reasons. I have spent considerable time in Portland for fun. 10 years ago I picked up and wandered out to the middle of nowheres in George, WA to see something that wasn't ever supposed to happen.
And I'm on one of these trips right now. Headed to the Apple. The big one that is. To do something that is so very important to my peace of mind.

No comments: