Friday, April 29, 2011

I Remember When

5 years ago, things changed forever. 4/29/2006
A Saturday night in Nevada created an unbelievable amount of chaos.
Standby for years of shockin', motorboatin', and hangin' out.
Flash it and stash it.

It's all passing before my eyes and my mind faster than I can comprehend. Flashes and stashes of memories. All kinds of good and bad. up, down, wrong, right, back, forth, to, fro.

It has taken me every bit of the last 1826 days to get to this point. And even then I can barely function most of the time.
I'm afraid I can only move on if I replace another unhealthy obsession with another.

2 comments:

A Few Tacos Shy... said...

Unhealthy obsessions x anxiety + Zoloft = me not hanging out so close to the edge. I have SUCH an unbelievably addictive personality and when you add that to my genetic anxiety disorder you have a recipe for disaster. Thank heavens the best people in my life have stuck around when the going got rough :-)

Anonymous said...

Alta's right. It's nice to have people who love you around even when you're not your best self. I'm not going to start quoting Lean On Me or anything, but you get the jist.