Monday, May 2, 2011

Bloodlust

I don't know how I feel about the celebratory celebrations regarding the death/assassination/martyrdom of Osama Bin Laden.
The one thing I know: I am not at all comfortable with people being 'happy' that another person has died.
Bad dude? Yes.
Did he have some kind of negative karma built up that might include negative consequences? Yes.
Did the USA have a reasonable reason to rain down terror and pain upon his head? Again yes.
But I don't think, for one moment, that the world is better with people celebrating the death of another human.
It's barbaric.
It's horrifyingly revolting.
And I'm not going to do it.

No amount of national pride, 'justice' or skewed sense of morals can justify to me that this is the best way.

“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that”
— Martin Luther King Jr.

I will not become a monster in order to defeat a monster.

No comments: